For well over 100 years, Aurora Public Library has been serving the changing needs of our community. Throughout its history, the Library has relied upon community support and it has always been there. Our community's needs are changing more rapidly than ever before. Your support has never been more important.
Give a gift to the Library
- Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $25 or more.
Remember the Library in your will
- Bequests of any value are most gratefully received by the Library and can result in tax advantages for the donor's estate.
- Donors considering a bequest are advised to seek independent legal and financial advice.
- Donations may be made in memory or recognition of a loved one, individuals or organization.
- The concerned family or organization will be notified and the donors will receive a tax receipt.
A donation form has been prepared for your convenience.
The Aurora Public Library is happy to accept donations of books and other library materials. These items will be reviewed, and either be added to our collection, sold at our book sale, or re-distributed as we see fit. All proceeds from our book sale go back to the library.
What to Donate
We are happy to accept the following items:
• Gently used books (paperbacks and hardcovers)
• Comic books and graphic novels
• Recent Playstation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch games in their original packaging
We do not accept the following items:
• Books in poor condition (i.e. yellowed, worn, dusty, damp, mouldy, torn or smelly)
• Multilingual material (Any other language except English)
• CDs, DVDs, Audiobooks
• Videogames without their original packaging
• Board Games / Puzzles / Colouring Books
• Textbooks or study guides
• Specialized journals
• Cassettes, VHS or vinyl records
• Computer software
• Burned or sample CDs or DVDs
Please check over each item to ensure it meets our donation requirements before bringing your donations to the library. When you bring your items to the library, a staff member will sort through your donations on the spot, and may only accept certain items.
When in doubt, give only what you would consider good quality for your own use. Please do not drop off material without allowing a staff member to do an initial sort through.
All donations are accepted on the understanding that the Library may use, sell or dispose of them exclusively.
Visiting Library Service (Adult volunteer opportunity)
A Visiting Library Service (VLS) volunteer selects and delivers library materials to homebound members of the community. Volunteers must be over 18, have a valid APL membership and their own transportation. An interview, two personal references and successful completion of a vulnerable sector screening are required. If you would like to volunteer, please complete this application. We are not currently recruiting volunteers, but will keep your application on file for one-year.